Awards of Excellence
You can support this program by texting EXCELLENCE to 91999!
We are dedicated to uphold our mission to serve and honor all our First Responders and their families. That’s why we created the Awards of Excellence program. We believe that it takes a special type of person to become a first responder and want to be a public servant. That’s why we wanted to award scholarships to college-bound children of First Responders who have also demonstrated commitment to community and volunteerism.
Our Booster Club members present ten $500 Awards of Excellence to high school seniors each spring. Recipients must have a parent who is a first responder and have demonstrated outstanding commitment to community. Five $500 awards are presented to the children of police officers and five to the children of firefighters.
- Be a high school senior and the child of an Omaha Firefighter or Omaha Police Officer.
- Have a “C” or higher grade point average in high school;
- Demonstrate good character, leadership, and interest in furthering their success.
- Candidates shall not have to show financial need.
- Selection shall not be based on consideration of age, sex, race, creed, or disability.
- Selection shall be made by the First Responders Foundation.
- The Awards will be presented to the recipients at an appropriate time and place to recognize and highlight the high quality citizenship of our First Responders high school seniors.
Applications are now closed.