Have you heard of the Operation Smoke Detector Program? This program is free and is designed to save lives in the event of a fire or a carbon monoxide leak in your home. Statistics show that in a fire, households that have a smoke and carbon monoxide alarm are much more likely to be awakened by the alarm and get out of the house in time to save themselves and their families.
Carbon monoxide is a deadly odorless gas emitted from a malfunctioning furnace. Without a carbon monoxide detector, there is no way to recognize the deadly gas until danger symptoms begin occurring in the body and many times it is too late for the victim to realize what is happening.
Our foundation along with the Omaha Fire Department and the Red Cross have teamed together to make sure that no family in Omaha will be left without a smoke/carbon monoxide detector in their home. So far this year the Operation Smoke Detector Program has installed 1250 detectors all at no charge to the resident!
Join Us at Christmas in the Village!
Our foundation will be at Christmas in the Village on December 5th from 12pm-5pm at 24th & Lake St. Please look for our booth. We will be partnering with the Omaha Fire Department and the Nebraska/SW Iowa Red Cross to be offering free smoke/carbon monoxide detectors. These detectors come with 10 year batteries!
Look for our booth and sign up to get one of these detectors installed absolutely free.
Can’t Make It? Request Your Detector
If you or someone you know, needs a fire/carbon monoxide detector for their home, please sign up below or call the Omaha Fire Department at 402-444-3570 to schedule your installation.
This winter give your family the “Gift of Safety.” It won’t cost you anything and it will give you the peace of mind to know that you are helping to keep your family safe.