Core Programs and Initiatives
Donations to the First Responders Foundation support our key programs and provide additional funds for other initiatives for the police and fire departments. We work directly with police and fire departments to fulfill wish lists and prioritize resources so donations go where they are needed most.
As a nonprofit, the programs and resources we provide are privately funded and not connected to any city budget.
Why We Support First Responders
Our efforts have included:
- Guns N Hoses Boxing Challenge where local police officers and firefighters duke it out in the ring for a good cause: supporting the First Responders Foundation! This has been our largest fundraiser to date.
- Mental & Emotional Well Being Program to assist First Responders and their families in handling job-related stress and trauma. Learn More »
- Youth Athletic Program to give low-income, at-risk children the opportunity to be a part of a team, be influenced in a positive way, and focus on what all kids should be focusing on – being kids and having fun. Learn More »
- Home Safety Program to prevent in-home tragedies and keep children, families, and the elderly safe in their homes. Learn More »
- K-9 Unit Campaign to recognize some of the hardest working members of a police force: the canines! Learn More »
- Alley the Arson Dog Campaign to support Alley, the area’s only Arson Dog who is a top-notch detective, sniffs out accelerants, helps deter intentional arson fires and educates the public. Learn More »
- Mounted Patrol Campaign to support Omaha’s 8 police horses that share all the same duties that a cruiser officer has, including patrol, traffic stops, citizen contacts, traffic control, crowd control, search and rescue, parking enforcement, parades and formal events. Learn More »
- Action Day to educate the public about all the great things that our police and fire departments do and provide a fun opportunity to see, touch, and experience what it’s like to be a first responder!
- #SupportBlue Campaign to recognize and show support for our brothers and sisters in law enforcement who put their lives on the line for us each and every day to make the community a better, safer place to live.
- 9/11 Memorial Benefit to offer our donors the opportunity to come together to learn about the great ways we’re upholding our mission over dinner and an auction.
- 9/11 Minute of Silence to pause for 60 seconds every September 11th to remember the sacrifice of the first responders and all of the victims that died on that fateful day.
- First Responder Appreciation Lunches that we hand-deliver to all the police and fire stations around town, often in brown sack lunches decorated by grateful children, as a small, fun way to say “thank you.”
- Annual Golf Tournament to get our iron swingin’ donors on the green for a good cause!
- and More!
We are able to accomplish these efforts through fundraising events, partnering with leading citizens and organizations to raise funds, and raising funds at the grassroots level.